The teenage years have been said to be one of the most challenging developmental stages of life for both teen and their parents. Teens face many new pressures and may not always react in the healthiest ways to the problems they encounter. Admittedly, some of the struggles teens face are a normal part of growing up, like dealing with peer groups, experimenting with new ideas, and going through changes in mood, identity, and interests.
Parents can help their developing teens through some of these issues by talking to them, being patient with them, and creating an environment that is structured and supportive. However, in some cases, teens may need counseling to help them cope with their problems.
Danger Signs/Unhealthy Coping Behaviors:
- Abusive Behaviors
- Addiction (alcohol, drugs, sex, food, gaming, etc.)
- Changes in family life (moving, divorce, a death or serious illness in the family)
- Illness or Disability
- Loss of a Close Friend; Girl/Boyfriend (e.g. through death, a breakup, or moving)
- Rebellion (e.g. not following family/house rules)
- Substance Abuse
- Tragic events in the community or the world
- Withdrawing/Shutting Down
Common Issues With teenagers
Grief and Loss
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
MON – FRI
8:30am – 8:00pm
8:30pm – 5:00pm
We are closed
We are located in Novi, MI.
44070 Twelve Mile Rd #200
Novi, MI 48377
Have any questions? We are here to help