NorthPoint premarital counseling is designed to help couples become more aware of what marriage is and what it takes to succeed in it. NorthPoint premarital counseling provides couples with the right tools to grow and build a strong marriage.
Couples will focuses on topics such as: Strengthen Communication Skills; Role Expectations; Conflict Resolution Skills; Explore Spiritual Beliefs; Identify any Problematic Family of Origin Issues; Develop Personal, Couple and Family Goals just to name a few. NorthPoint incorporates the Prepare and Enrich marital assessment tools which research studies have demonstrated prepare couples for a lifetime in marriage.
Sessions / Fees
Whether you are engaged or considering becoming engaged, now is the time to prepare for a lifetime in marriage. NorthPoint's premarital counseling provides one of the greatest investments in your future as a happily married couple!
NorthPoint's premarital program consists of (5) couple sessions.
Our premarital package is $495.00. Cash, check, or credit card accepted. Payment can be made in one or two installments to suit your personal budget.
More Information about Premarital Counseling
As divorce rates continue to rise in the United States, more and more couples are approaching marriage with increasing caution. While Americans are still opting for marriage, many are looking for opportunities to damage-proof their relationships before they say "I do." Premarital counseling is one of the most effective ways to prepare for a lifetime in marriage.
What is Premarital Counseling?
Premarital counseling, like any couples counseling, is facilitated by a professional therapist. The function of premarital counseling is two-fold:
- To assist couples in developing skills to navigate their way through marriage successfully
- To identify (and if possible resolve) areas of difference between couples that may become a source of conflict later
Ideally, before your first session, you and your partner will be given the opportunity to take an on-line (easy-to-use) self-report inventory that will help explore your relationship's strength and potential growth areas such as Communication, Conflict Resolution, Personality Differences, Partner Style and Habits, Financial Management, Relationship Roles, Leisure Activities, Family and Friends, Relationship Dynamics along with Spiritual Beliefs in the privacy of your home.
Common discussion topics include:
- Interests and Activities (Leisure)
- Role Expectations
- Partner Style and Habits
- Idealistic Distortion
- Interpersonal Communication
- Marriage Expectations
- Family Issues
- Finances (Financial Management)
- Children (and Parenting)
- Sexuality and Affection
- Conflict Resolution
- Relationship Dynamics
- ... and more
When Should a Couple Seek Premarital Counseling?
We believe it is never too early to start your premarital program. In fact, we recommend every serious dating relationship can benefit greatly by participating in our premarital program. Listed below are some helpful guidelines.
- When you are young and have never been married
- When one partner is "commitment-phobic"
- When a couple cannot resolve significant issues (if a couple has disagreements regarding money, parenting, household responsibility, work, sex, etc. the time to resolve them is before marriage)
- When one or both partners have a previously failed marriage and want to avoid repeating the same mistakes
NorthPoint's Premarital Counseling On-Line Assessment - Benefits Couples in Many Ways:
- Couple can take their on-line assessment (private and confidential) from any location with internet access.
- Reports are customized and personality relevant to each couple.
- PREPARE primes couples for exploring deeper into their relationship.
- Conversation is stimulated when couples see their Couple's Report
- Couples get help identifying relationship strengths and potential issues.
- Couples learn useful relationship skills they can apply to current and future issues in their relationship.