John Sternfels, LPC, NCC, CSAT, CCSAS, CMAT, MITS received his Master's Degree in Professional Counseling at Liberty University. John has many years of combined experience working with Adolescents, Teenagers, Men, Women, Couples, Partners, Families and Groups..
John specializes in helping individuals and couples work through personal and/or relational life challenges including a special focus on sexual addiction behaviors. John provides the knowledge and tools necessary to help increase communications, trust, respect, emotional and mental health – all of which help to improve and empower relationships. As with any life challenge, the sooner you seek help, the easier it will be to resolve.
John is a Licensed Professional Counselor Supervisor (Michigan Institute Trained Supervisor – (MITS), John provides advance counselor education and supervision in order to improve counseling and personnel services within and outside the counseling profession.
- LPC - License Professional Counselor
- NCC - National Certified Counselor
- CSAT - Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist
- CCSAS - Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialists
- CMAT - Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist
- MITS – Mentoring Institute Trained Supervisor
John’s is a Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT), Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialist (CCSAS), and a Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist (CMAT). John’s continued trainings include: Association of Partners of Sex Addicts Trauma Specialists (APSATS), and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) (1).
John has received training in the (APSAT) Multidimensional Partner Trauma Model(M-PTM). M-PTM provides thorough treatment strategies based on empirically-based trauma treatment modalities to foster trauma resolution and relational healing in partner relational trauma.
John is a PREPARE/ENRICH trained facilitator. Prepare/Enrich is the leading relationship inventory and skill-building program used nationally and internationally. It is built on a solid research foundation and significantly improves a couple's relationship. PREPARE/ENRICH is custom tailored to a couple's relationship and provides couple exercises to build their relationship skills.
John's Continued Professional Educational Certifications/Trainings include:
- National Board for Certified Counselors (NBCC)
- Sexual Addiction (Certified Sexual Addiction Therapist (CSAT)
- Certified Clinical Sexual Addiction Specialists (CCSAS)
- Certified Multiple Addiction Therapist (CMAT)
- APSATS (Advanced Training in Multidimensional –Partner Trauma Model)
- EMDR (Level 1)
- Marital and Premarital (Prepare and Enrich®)
- The Mentoring Institute Trained Supervisor (MITS)
- Theophostics (Inner Healing Prayer)
John's professional counseling memberships include:
- The Society for the Advancement of Sexual Health (SASH)
- International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP)
- International Association of Certified Sexual Addiction Specialists (IACSAS)
- American Psychotherapy Association #15253
- American Association of Christian Counselors (AACC)
- International Association for Theophostic Ministry (IATM)
- Michigan Mental Health Counselors Association (MMHCA)
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- Michigan Counseling Association (MCA)
- Michigan Association for Counselor Education and Supervision (MACES)
John believes that by helping to increase personal client empowerment combined with a safe, supportive, caring therapeutic environment helps promotes positive change and personal growth.
John's clinical counseling experience includes:
- Adolescent Issues
- Codependence Recovery
- Conflict Resolution
- Divorce / Separation
- EMDR (Level 1)
- Family Counseling
- Financial Disorder Counseling
- Forgiveness / Reconciliation
- Healthy Sexuality
- Marriage Counseling
- Men's Counseling
- Partner Healing (Partners of Sex Addicts)
- Premarital Counseling
- Relational Counseling
- Sexual Addiction
- Stress Management
- Trauma (M-MPTM)