Trista Jones, M.A., LPC, received her Master’s Degree in Community Counseling at Argosy University in Dallas, Texas. She has experience working with children, adolescents, women, couples and families. Trista’s experience includes non-profit work, social service agencies, as well as provided mental health services to one of the largest school districts in the nation.
Trista is passionate about helping people work through general life concerns as well identifying coping skills among other therapeutic strategies that can be beneficial for people to overcome life’s many challenging situations. Life can be unpredictable and overpowering causing one to feel overwhelmed, discouraged, and hopeless at times.
Trista will provide a safe and comfortable environment where healing and breakthroughs can take place. Her focus is to build a strong therapeutic relationship and focus on solutions that will help individuals reach their goals. Therapeutically, Trista practices Solution Focused Brief Therapy (SFBT), Reality Therapy (RT), and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) as well as Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR) in assisting clients in achieving their goals.
Furthermore, Trista is PREPARE/ENRICH trained. Prepare/Enrich is the leading relationship inventory and skill-building program used nationally and internationally. It is built on a solid research foundation and significantly improves a couple's relationship. PREPARE/ENRICH is custom tailored to a couple's relationship and provides couple exercises to build their relationship skills.
Trista’s Continued Professional Educational Licensure/Certifications/Trainings include:
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) – State of Michigan
- Certified Clinical Partner Specialist-C (Partner Relational Trauma) (CCPS)
- Certified Sex Addiction Therapist-Candidate
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) Trained
- Marital and Premarital (Prepare and Enrich®)
- Trained in Gottman Level 1
- Completed training on the DSM-4 and DSM-5
- Completed training on mental health with infant and toddlers
- Completed training on mental health within the school system
Trista’s Counseling Experience Includes:
- Adjustment Disorders
- Anger Management
- Family Counseling
- Marriage Counseling
- Stress Management
- Substance Abuse/Addiction
- Women’s Counseling